Monday, 20 August 2012

Outshopping Two Projects

Well, I've probably got to a point on two projects where any extra effort outweighs the additional gain, and as such, both have now entered service at Philip's Creek.

The first of these is the backdrop painted by my wife which has been returned to its place behind Mount Windeatt. It now gives a lot of extra depth and detail to this part of the layout that is a very narrow (around 300mm). In time, she can now move onto the next section that, hopefully, will be simpler to execute. However, some family matters and a few overseas visitors over the next 10 weeks mean that this is unlikely to start until November.

The second project has been the EHO guards van. A recent photo published on Rob's Picton blog suggested to me that I still hadn't got it quite right, so it was out with the modelling knife and further adjustment.

The two photos provide  'before and after' images. You could be excused for thinking 'what's changed' other than the central battery box but I think the chassis detail is a little finer now.

By the way, notice the dates on the two photos. I can't believe that it took me so long! No wonder, it has taken me 15 years to get this far!

So now, it's time to move onto the next job, building up the LCH/CCH fleet.

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

The EHO - Hopefully Getting a Little Closer

About a month ago, I posted a short article called "Not Quite There" about the EHO van  that I had just completed and my frustration with the way that the chassis had turned out. Over the past few weeks, I have been doing a bit more work on the chassis and thought that I would put up a couple of photos showing the changes that have been made.

I am still not sure that I have got the major under body components in their correct locations but they align with the information that I have been able to locate to date. There is still a little filling to do before repainting.

And totally unrelated to the EHO, a photo of the workhorse of Philip's  Creek.